Eternal Lies

Post details about games you are willing to run at the club.

Moderators: Site Admins, Site Moderators

andyl

Eternal Lies

Post by andyl » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil.

They failed.

Now, you must piece together what went wrong. Investigate ancient crypts, abandoned estates, and festering slums. Explore unknown locales and the crushed psyches of your predecessors. Follow in their footprints and make new ones of your own. This time, there won’t be another chance.

The world is yours to save… or lose.

This is an epic adventure for Trail of Cthulhu set in the mid-1930s. I think I would be looking for 4 players.

danleo1884
Club Chairman
Location: I know exactly where I am... HERE... it’s the rest of the world I’m not to sure of

Re: Eternal Lies

Post by danleo1884 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:57 am

As much as i like the sound of this game, i have to consider my current performance in delta green. my character my be an investigator, but i really arn't. so i'll put a tentitve interest, but as a backseat/supporting character as im not very good at investigation.
Knowlege is Power, guard it well...

johnnythm

Post by johnnythm » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:06 pm

Incredible. have just finished reading this cover to cover (last night) and was coming on here to post my interest in running it - only to find Andy has beaten me to it. You don't want to run this with a pardner do you? Different teams in different locales?

Just for the record, I love epic Cthulhu campaigns. I have run Orient Express, Mountains of Madness, Masks, Spawn of Azathoth, Nocturnal and Tatters and they are some of my best roleplaying memories. Eternal Lies his is one of the very best Cthulhu campaigns I have ever read - right up there with the other titles on the list.

Dan - it is not very investigative, it has a relatively simple narrative. Is mostly a globetrotting adventure - going from place to place uncovering a vast conspiracy and rallying against it. Some good action beats too. The investigation gives you lots of leads to explore so you never get stuck or confused

Andy - I think I know it too well to play it but maybe we could do something together running it? :D

andyl

Post by andyl » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:00 pm

johnnythm wrote:Incredible. have just finished reading this cover to cover (last night) and was coming on here to post my interest in running it - only to find Andy has beaten me to it. You don't want to run this with a pardner do you? Different teams in different locales?

Just for the record, I love epic Cthulhu campaigns. I have run Orient Express, Mountains of Madness, Masks, Spawn of Azathoth, Nocturnal and Tatters and they are some of my best roleplaying memories. Eternal Lies his is one of the very best Cthulhu campaigns I have ever read - right up there with the other titles on the list.

Dan - it is not very investigative, it has a relatively simple narrative. Is mostly a globetrotting adventure - going from place to place uncovering a vast conspiracy and rallying against it. Some good action beats too. The investigation gives you lots of leads to explore so you never get stuck or confused

Andy - I think I know it too well to play it but maybe we could do something together running it? :D
Well I had been putting off reading it hoping you would run it and I could play in it. You weren't quick enough so I took matters in to my own hands.

I haven't finished reading it yet ... Just enough to get to the bit where the party have a proper decision about where they want the investigation to go ... which is more than enough for the first 8 weeks. I do know the shape of the campaign though and some of the things that the party discover / do at the other places - just not read in detail.

I'm not sure how running it together will work but I will chat to you and see if we can make it work.

Also for those who don't know the Trail system it is far more forgiving than the CoC rules. You are generally assured of the core clues - no rolling - and extra clues are sometimes available if you spend a point and do the appropriate action - for example do some forensics stuff and spend a point of forensics. The GM won't take your spend if there is no clue there to be discovered. Your general stuff like stealth, driving, firearms, scuffling and fleeing (all abilities from the character sheet) require a roll - which is a single d6 against a target number - you can choose to spend some of your points from the appropriate pool (to add to your roll) before you make the roll.

There are condensed rules available for free http://www.pelgranepress.com/trail/file ... _rules.pdf

johnnythm

Post by johnnythm » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:33 pm

Sorry I wasn't quick enough pal. Real life and all that jazz. If you run it I would love to play it even though I know the story - maybe I can just play in a couple of the locations?

Ridley

Post by Ridley » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:04 pm

This could be interesting

Morgan
El Ex-Presidentee

Post by Morgan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:46 am

How did i miss this? It sounds like it could be interesting to play/ or run
My favorite phrase as a player must be "i want to make this more cinematic"